what a cool jobit's an ac pun...
I received a hot tip from a friend that All Care Services Inc. needed a new website fast. I gave Billy at All Care a call, and he liked what he heard, so we set up a meeting to hammer out the details.
After talking with Billy, I found out that they had a less than pleasant experience the last time they redesigned the website, and as such he wanted to make sure I was the right guy for the job. I'm not saying my AC puns won him over, but by the end of the meeting I had a signed contract and was excited to get started on their new site.
Billy had built their current site that was online, using Godaddy's site builder. It was a stop gap in between website redesigns and they needed something good online fast. The website was just a one pager, whose main purpose was to offer up 3-4 coupons to potential clients.
Going off that as the main objective I knew I'd want to make some landing pages for those coupons to make it easier for All Care to track submissions and get a little info about their potential new client so that when they contacted them they'd already know what service they were interested in. I did this using separate landing pages, and forms. I use gravity forms (even though it doesn't play nice with the theme I like to use, it's still the best form software out there in my opinion.)
After seeing the logo and the striping on their trucks when I was up at their office, I knew already what i wanted the header to look like. Problem is the logo file I was sent was just a portion of the striping so as you can see from the screenshots below of the new site, I painted the rest of the stripe so it looks like it goes all the way across the screen at an angle. It's a small thing, but I thought it was neat.
One of the really cool parts of the project was, Billy and I talked after the first review, and he expressed wanting a pic of one of their vans in the header. Well I hadn't budgeted for photography on this one, but Billy assured me he could take and cut out a good looking image. I was skeptical, (for no reason), because the image Billy sent me once we had a sunny enough day for him to shoot it was great! I dropped that into the design and sent it over. Billy immediately responded, "Don't touch a thing, everyone loves it, Approved!"
The content of the site really didn't change much from old to new, same coupons, tagline and a majority of the same images. It just needed a little clearer direction, and organization so that things were clear, and contact was easy. In the future I could easily see growing this into a larger traditional site, with more info about services, possibly a blog about diy fixes for common problems, and some custom photography of their team, offices etc.
So I set the launch procedure and dotted some i's and crossed some t's and we got the new site up in record time. If you'd like to take a look at the new site head over to allcare.services and if you need any AC, plumbing or re-wiring work done don't hesitate to give them a call.